When opening a Behavioral Health facility, knowing what steps to take from the beginning is imperative. Are you considering servicing adults, adolescents? Are you considering a Medicaid program or even entering in-network? Do you want to specialize in Mental Health or a specialty program like Substance use Disorder Treatment?
Entering a market with numerous variables and considerable grey areas can be challenging.
Zoning, Occupancy, Licensure, Marketing, and Staffing requirements are just a few areas where one mistake can blow the budget and set you months behind. Having the proper knowledge of what requirements are needed legally and what it takes to keep it profitable is a must!
It is imperative that you ask the tough questions early to ensure full compliance and return on investment.
Pease Bell Behavioral Health Consulting can assist you with the following:
- Avoid regulatory mishaps
- Property use and adaption
- Optimal building performance
- Planning of zoning and special use permits / NIMBY
- Policies and procedures
- Program development /program evaluation
- Licensure and certifications
- Admissions office consulting
- CARF / The Joint Commission
- Organization and administrative structure development,
- Business Development and Marketing
- Specialty program guidance SUD Medical Detox
- Provide turnaround analysis with solution driven plans for existing nonperforming facilities
- Understand staffing ratios
Our operational experts can assist you in your existing behavioral health programs by identifying areas in need of improvement and providing solution driven strategic plans!
Whether it’s Inpatient, Residential, PHP, or IOP. We can help!
When looking to invest in Behavioral Health, we can help you decipher the variables, spot the potential risks, identify practical solutions, while staying in compliance with ever-changing rules and regulations?
Marketing, Documentation Review, Compliance, Co-pays, Deductibles and Contracts are all important to this process.
If you would like to learn more about what tough questions should be asked during the due diligence process and learn more about what Lenders are looking for, Pease Bell Behavioral Health Consulting can help.
In addition to the above, our assurance services and tax team at Pease Bell CPAs, LLC is well versed in all aspects of behavioral health care entities to efficiently and effectively provide all of your assurance and tax services needs. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statement
Financial statement preparation
- Financial statement projections
- Cash flow projections
- Due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Internal control studies
- Outsourced accounting services
- Outsourced CFO services
- Agreed-upon procedures engagements
- Risk advisory services
- Audits of employee benefit plans
- Preparation and filing of corporate, Individual, and trust, federal, state and local tax returns
- Preparation of tax extensions
- Preparation of estimated quarterly tax deposits
- Year-end tax planning
- Tax structing for both Businesses and Individuals
- Responding to tax notices from the IRS and state tax departments
The foundation of our services is quality. We strive to provide the highest level of quality in our service offerings which gives users, including owners, the trust in the end product, allowing them to rely on the information we provide and to make informed decisions. We stay abreast of all new developments in the industry, including new accounting pronouncements that may impact the organization’s financial statements and reporting requirements. Our in-depth expertise allows us to work closely with management in circumnavigating any issues, and to offer sound practical advice and solutions. Whether you are a for profit or non-profit entity, our assurance services team stands ready to service your needs.
Our tax department is well versed in all aspects of the Federal Tax Code and provides assistance to our clients on how to properly structure a new business venture and to help plan to meet their business goals. We provide a full suite of services for your federal, state, and local tax compliance needs to ensure deadlines are timely met.
Let us know how we can assist you and one of our team members will contact you.
Christopher J. Szuch
Behavioral Health Team
Christopher J. Szuch, CPA, CFE